tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 03 00:40:07 1997

Re: KLBC: New Words - magic, magician

On Sun, 2 Mar 1997, Jim LeMaster wrote:

> As I began all this, I'll enter my cha DeQ:
>
> My definition of magic is: "Control of unknown/unknowable forces by
> ritual sayings, dances, or gestures."  In and of itself 'magic" is
> neutral, an elemental force.  It's use then denotes it as either "black"
> or "white", though to my way of thinking, evil rituals (human sacrifice,
> etc.) can only do black magic.

Not really a klingon point, but something i just have to say.
There is no such thing as black or white magick, it's not the magick
that is different, it's the person. If someone drove over people on
purpose, you wouldn't refer to the car as being good or bad, only the
person.

Also magic does not have to have any rituals, dances, sayings. it can be
preformed very easily just within the mind.

'elren

Back to archive top level