tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 03 00:47:14 1997

RE: KLBC: taH

jatlh Edy Fonseca:

> I'm having difficult to understand the  "taH"
>
> In TKD 6.3 "There is no verb corresponding to English "to be", but in the
> dictionary   "taH"  means  - be at a negative angle (v).
>
> On the other hand I saw the Sheakspeare: taH pagh taHbe'
>
> Could you give me a better explain me for this?

{taH} "be at a negative angle" is a horribly unexplained word.  We really have
no idea what Okrand meant by this.

On the other hand, we also have {taH} in the Addendum: "continue, go on,
endure."  This is the {taH} in {taH pagh taHbe'}.  This was the line quoted by
General Chang in Star Trek VI.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian