tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 02 21:26:57 1997

Re: KLBC: New Words - magic, magician

> > !!!Given this that a wiccan witch is a "bender", how about using
> >    the verb SIH (bend) to create SIHwI' for magician, sorcerer,
> > warlock,    etc. SIH is a 'known' word that is 'known' to be a verb and
> > therefore    breaks no "rules" to be changed into a noun as "one who
> > bends."

Hmmm, wicca may mean "to bend", as in to bend spirits to ones will, but
something tells me that is not how witches see themselves.  One book I have
on the subject defines "Witch" as "Wise one", of which the closest Klingon
parallel would be *valwI'*.

> I looked back and obviously had still not come up with a
> worthwhile/legal word for "magic".  I don't wish to break anymore
> rules,so I will ask:
>
>   Is it possible to combine HoSchem (energy field) with SIH (bend) as:
>
>         SIHHoSchem
>           or
>         HoSchem SIH    as (Energy Bend{ing})

It looks like the discussion of what to call "The Force" has been
rekindled.  The two topics are not unrelated.

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level