tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 02 19:00:12 1997

Re: KLBC: New Words - magic, magician

ghItlh Voragh:

>I guess it depends on just what your tradition considers "magic" and what
>it considers "religion" (for which we do have a word: lalDan). One person's
>"spell" is another's "prayer" or "blessing." All of which, of course, is
>irrelevant to what the Klingons may believe--if anything. Any Wiccans care
>to add their cha' DeQ to this discussion?

I'm more Klingon than Wiccan, but the "old-ways" resonant in my blood
just as honor does. You'll also notice that i'm writing in English
rather than Klingon. Magic, Wicca, etc. just don't fit into what we
know of the Klingon language and rather than forcing the square peg into
the round hole...

Magic is everything from knowing what your lover is thinking 1500 miles
away to getting a good parking space. Magic is laying on your room on a
warm February night saluting the stars and feeling your Klingon blood burn.

Magic is learning a language created for a fictional species from a
television show canceled almost 30 years ago and having it change your
life in ways you never expected and you're only now beginning to understand.

*Kirk* 'aj HIvpu'DI' Qugh HoD, *Enterprise* QIDqu' chay' 'e' Sov?
Duj voqtaH Qugh. batlh bIyInchugh, bIDo'taH 'ej batlh bIHegh.

- DaQtIq

Back to archive top level