tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Mar 01 14:44:07 1997

Re: KLBC: New Words - magic, magician

> > In my search for new Klingon words, I have tried to come up with words
> > for magic and magician (sorcerer, etc.).
> >
> > Here's my thoughts:
> >
> > chambe'cham = magic (no-technology technology)
> >
> > chambe'chamwI' = magician (no-technology technician)
> >
> > I realize from the notes this morning that the absolutely correct form
> > of no-technology could be chamHa', but, again, I am exterpolating from
> > chamwI' (technician - one who does technology) that cham is actually a
> > verb-form, making the correct form chambe' for no-technology or
> > technology-not.

Even if these worked grammatically (which they don't) I don't like them.
They are ambiguous.  In the KSRP version of "Hamlet" the word "witch" is
translated as *qa' SeHwI'*, "Controller of Spirits".  Extending this idea,
I would think that *qa' HoS* or "Spirit Power" would work reasonably well
for "magic"

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level