tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 29 23:19:18 1997

Klingon Punctuation

Replying to Qov's supposition that tlhIngan Hol pIqaD has symbols for
elements other than the letters of their alphabet.  I bet they have lots of
Deghmey.  But, they don't seem to have punctuation at all.  Is this so
preposterous?

I went to college in Taiwan and had to read so much Chinese literature that
did not have punctuation.  As a Jew, whenever I read from the Torah in Hebrew
on Shabbat, I must deal with the fact that there is vitrually no punctuation
and no vowels.

As to decimal points, {DoD} seems to work just fine spelled out as a word.

As to images/symbols, I'm guessing that insignia, emblems, signs, trefoils,
etc. are only the tip of the iceberg of the symbols Klingons have.  We really
have not had enough tourists to Qo'noS yet who report back what they have
seen there.   I would love to volunteer (if that did not make me a {Sap} (v))
to go to Qo'noS and tricord (v) [coined] Klingon symbols.

peHruS

Back to archive top level