tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 27 06:56:57 1997

KLBC: proper use of meQ - burn

To say:  "The book burns."
meQ paq

Or must it be something like:
paq lumeQ

Or are both correct?

If [meQ paq] is correct for "The book burns." can [meQ] be used
adjectivally as in:
[paq meQ] "the burning book" ? It sure does express a state.

I'd like to say:
paq meQ tIqaw
for "Remember the burning books."

Well, you may see where this is going.  Our attorneys heard from Viacom.
 They have restated their demands for the destruction of remaining
inventory of "Secret Fighting Arts".  They still claim exclusive use of Hol
and what's even more ridiculous is that they now claim rights to pIqaD.
 Sure, we explained the pIqaD font to them, and fonts in general, but it
didn't seem to make a wits bit of difference to the toDSaH.

We've tried doing business with them, tried ignoring them, and then begged
(I'm ashamed as a Klingon) for licensing.  Now it is simply time for WAR!
 Not in their battle field of the courtroom either, in ours; the
marketplace.

mupwI' qeylIS nuqaDvIpjaj jaghmaj jay'
[Paramount]vo' peje'Qo'

veSjaw HetaQ