tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 24 22:07:54 1997

Re: KLBC: compound words

ja' peHruS:
I never realized that TKD doesn't deal with putting {-Daq} on anything except
>the Noun stem (affixed or not) and on a Verb adjectivally modifying a Noun.
> But, I have always seen that {-Daq} would go onto the last member of a noun
>phrase.

What do you consider to be a "noun phrase"?  I don't think {-Daq} would
go at the end of {ghop qam pagh}; I think it would go on each noun in the
phrase: {ghopDaq qamDaq pagh}.

>  I'm glad {qep'a' loSDIchDaq} is okay; I had not even considered the
>lack of rules saying so.

I always thought it *should* be correct, but it always nagged at me a bit.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level