tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 23 23:48:26 1997

Re: KLBC: compound words

<< qep'a' wejDIchDaq jatlhtaH tlhIngan Hol HaDwI'pu'.

 Now, whether he considers {qep'a' wejDIch} to be a proper noun phrase or a
 normal noun phrase meaning "third great meeting" (it's kinda both), I don't
 know.  But I have no problem in using {-Daq} on the ordinal in a {qep'a'}
 name. >>

I never realized that TKD doesn't deal with putting {-Daq} on anything except
the Noun stem (affixed or not) and on a Verb adjectivally modifying a Noun.
 But, I have always seen that {-Daq} would go onto the last member of a noun
phrase.  I'm glad {qep'a' loSDIchDaq} is okay; I had not even considered the
lack of rules saying so.

peHruS

Back to archive top level