tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 24 15:08:23 1997

RE: KLBC: porgh'ay'Du' pongmey

Stardate 97477.53 jatlh Soqra'tIS:

> yIqIm

Since you have addressed this to one person only, and since the subject has
KLBC in it, I presume that this letter is intended specifically for me.

> porgh'ay'Du' pongmey DalughnIS 'e' jIpoQ

There's nothing difficult to understand about it, but I would probably leave
this as {porgh 'ay'Du'}.  I don't see the compound noun as significantly
better.

{lugh} is "be correct."  If I correct something, I "cause it to be correct."
This is done with the suffix {-moH}.

pongmey DalughnISmoH
You need to correct names (You need to cause names to be correct).

This is the first sentence of this Sentence As Object construction.  The
second sentence consists of the verb {poQ}.  Since {'e'} counts as a
third-person singular object, the correct prefix is {vI-}.

pongmey DalughnISmoH 'e' vIpoQ

> HIDjolevwIj* naQta''a'

"Has it been whole my menu?"

{naQ} is the main verb, so the subject {HIDjolev} comes after it, as usual.
You don't want {-ta'}, because it either IS whole or IS NOT whole; it's not
done being whole.

naQ'a' HIDjolevwIj?

Now, I don't know if {HIDjolev} is really the appropriate word here, but it's
not too far off.

[deleted lots o' body parts]
That's a bigger list than I expected!

--