tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 23 18:15:55 1997

KLBC: Family Line

How would I say "I am Kontay son of Kotang"

I know that *qontay* jIH means "I am Kontay."
But the son of Kotang part confuses me.

Everytime I think of a way to say it in English it breaks a rule or the
word doesn't exist. For example if I say "...his son" that would be
puqloDDaj But that is taboo. But yet -Daj is not one of the Type 4 suffixes
that you can drop the "j" on. It would seem to me that such a common phrase
would have an easily accesible translation. What would you suggest I say?

Back to archive top level