tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 23 15:51:21 1997

Re: Requesting Phrasebook

> Hello,
>
>   I am trying to learn Klingon. I have a copy of all of the
> classic materials for learning Klingon (those including THE
> KLINGON DICTIONARY, as well as the two casettes, CONVERSATIONAL
> KLINGON and POWER KLINGON).
>
>   However, there is something that I need in order to
> successfully learn the language that appears not to be
> availiable from any of these two sources. I need a
> phrasebook.
>
>   THE KLINGON DICTIONARY is inadequate for this purpose,
> because it truly appears to be a dictioanry, not a textbook,
> and not a phrasebook. It is clearly more suited for
> reference than for anything else.

...er....I disagree. Capt. Krankor, ~mark, charghwI' and myself
ALL learned Klingon with nothing more than the TKD.
I openly admit it is dry reading but in the first 79 pages and the
addendum you learn almost all you need to know about how to speak tlhIngan
Hol.

What do you want to say (that is not unreasonalbel, like "monkey nut
zippers") and it can help you say it.

>   I have developed a system that I can use to aid myself
> in learning languages ... but one thing that this system
> REQUIRES is a phrasebook.

There is a small phrase section in the back of TKD and, as I said, with
some study you can develop your own.

>   Is there anyone who can help me find this necessary
> material for the Klingon language?

Don't forget the book "The Klingon Way".

david

--
 David Barron,  [email protected] ||       Hoch lup yIyInqu'
 Klingon Language Postal Course      ||       qaStaHvIS wa' lup

Back to archive top level