tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 23 15:05:32 1997

Re: Expressing age.

David Trimboli wrote:
> Marc Okrand himself has used the {bogh} example, though he also added the
> aspect suffix {-pu'}, for reasons which he has not explained yet (I did ask).

     It's appropriate, in that you were born, you are finished being
born, and the action is definitely complete.  Also, I seem to remember
him mentioning that the -pu' suffix was originally intended to be past
tense before he abandoned tense altogether.

Hugh the Barefoot
Barony of South Downs, Meridies
| Thaddaeus Vick, Linguist to the Masses |       [email protected]       |
| I could be wrong.  After all, there's  |                           |
|      a first time for everything.      | http://www.crl.com/~dvick |