tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 23 11:38:43 1997

Re: verengan juHqo'

Steven Boozer wrote:

> Keep in mind, though, that "Ferenginar" was coined *after* Okrand came up
> with {verengan} so it's an exception. I believe we've only known the
> official name of the Ferengi homeworld for the last 2 seasons of DS9 or so.

That's correct.  I was aware of th "real world" reason for the
exception, but I was speaking in the "Klingons are real" sense when I
was discussing {verengan}.

> Didn't one character once refer to "Feringar" before the name stabilized?

Not that I know of.  The unofficial book "Worlds of the Federation" said
that the world was called Ferengal, but that's the only otehr reference
besides Ferenginar thatI've heard of.

-mIqIraH

Back to archive top level