tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 18 21:05:27 1997

Re: mughmeH qeq

qaD peHruS:
>Let's see how you all translate this:  SIS rIntaHDI' pumpa' nagh'a' qaSpu'
>loS jaj

Without punctuation, I must guess at how to separate the sentences...

"It rains.  As soon as it stays finished, before the boulder falls, four
days [will] have passed."

nuqjatlh?  taQqu' qechqoqvam.

>I hope I came close to what I had originally conceived in English.

qech vIyajmeH vImughnISbe' 'e' vImaS jIH.

What you "originally conceived in English" should be nearly irrelevant.
The underlying *idea* is what should be understood.

I don't think that has happened here.  At least I *hope* it hasn't. :-/

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level