tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jun 19 06:47:20 1997

Re: mughmeH qeq

According to [email protected]:

> Let's see how you all translate this:  SIS rIntaHDI' pumpa' nagh'a' qaSpu'
> loS jaj

Four days had happened when it stopped raining before
significant rocks fell.

It is a little ambiguous as to the temporal relationship
between the raining, the four days and the rock falling, but if
we assume that all time references are pinned to the time
context of the sentence, I'm guessing that at the end of four
days it stopped raining and big rocks fell. I'm not sure that
it rained all four days, but when it stopped raining, four days
had happened and rocks fell.

> I hope I came close to what I had originally conceived in English.
>
> peHruS

charghwI'

Back to archive top level