tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 15 17:03:55 1997

Re: KLBS: Storm

Well .. getting the idea about SuS'a'. The sentence:
Captain! An Ion Storm have catched our starship
HoD! 'ejDujmaj Sevpu' jevbogh tat

jevbogh tat  (ion which storm)
Sev (contain but meaning catch)

> > If I want to use storm as a noum, can I say:
> > jevmoHghach  (thing who cause storms) ?
> No.  We've got two problems here.  First of all, {jevmoHghach} means "act of
> causing to storm."
>
> Secondly, we're not really sure what "storm" we're talking about here.
> "Storm" as a verb can mean either "be rainy, windy, and thundering," or it can
> mean "attack by force" (think of Stormtroopers).
>
> Depending on what you need, you might try using {SuS'a'} "powerful wind."  Or
> perhaps you can talk about {SISqu'taH muD} "it was pouring" (literally, "the
> atmosphere was continuously really raining").  As usual, don't look for a
> direct stock translation, make up a phrase which applies to the situation.

	Thanks!

--
Eduardo "Edy" Fonseca  ||  Belo Horizonte MG - Brasil
PAU BRASIL, a Home Page do VGA Planets:

Back to archive top level