tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 10 20:46:45 1997

'op

>|ja' peHruS:
>|>*Object* laj wotmey 'op 'e' nIDchugh yajbe' Hoch DaH vIja'nIS
>|
>|Where did you find {'op}?...

ja' Voragh:
>>From Skybox Card S7 (qIvo'rIt pagh'e'):
>
>.. 'ej DujvamDaq 'op SuvwI' tu'lu'bogh po' law' tlhIngan yo' SuvwI'
>law' po' puS.
>
>"It has ... some of the finest warriors in the Klingon fleet."

That's the only example I know of its use as well, and all I can get from
it is that {'op} seems to act like a number and refers to a subset of the
noun that it precedes.  peHruS's usage doesn't match that interpretation,
and I wondered what source he was taking it from.

But the comparison on this card is between {'op SuvwI' tu'lu'bogh} and
{tlhIngan yo' SuvwI' law'}, so the idea of "some" might not be implied
by {'op} on the first phrase but by {law'} on the second one.  It's an
unusual placement of an otherwise unknown word in an anomolous kind of
phrase. :-/

Back to archive top level