tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 06 06:57:45 1997

RE: KLBC: Words for assassin & blade

[email protected] on behalf of Neal Schermerhorn wrote:

> perhaps the "assassin's knife" was originally a knife belonging
> to a warrior named 'aSaSIn or something like it?

Careful!  That's (more or less) the *English* word's derivation.  In Klingon,
the word we're considering is {qutluch} "assassin's knife."  It *is* possible
that there was some renowned killer named {qutluch}, and that this was the
sort of knife he used, but this is really just making things up.  We don't
*know* where the word comes from.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian