tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jun 06 02:00:18 1997

Re: jajmey vItoghlI' - megh mu'

In a message dated 97-06-05 09:00:19 EDT, ghunchu'wI' writes:

<<  (ghaytan mu'qoq <*yID> lughov nuv law'.)

But, {yID} is not a Marc Okrand creation.  I understand clearly its meaning.
 The only reason I refuse to use it is our agreement to use only MO's
tlhIngan Hol.  After, this is peHruS -- I would be happy to see each person
making up one to three words per year, submitting them to KLI, getting a
consensus review, and expanding the language ourselves.  But, because I am a
member of KLI, I'm still trying to obey our self-imposed rule to wait for MO
to reveal any words to us.

Again, I am not opposed to the word {yID}.  I am not opposed to any other
words members of the Klingon Empire (that's us, folks) coin.  I just see the
danger of stepping out of the bounds of the promise even I have made to use
only tlhIngan Hol.

peHruS

Back to archive top level