tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 03 20:48:01 1997

RE: {'e' rur}

jatlh qoror:

> 	verengan'e' SoH 'e' rur!
> 	It's as if you're a Ferengi!

{verengan'e' SoH} is okay: "You're a Ferengi."

{'e' rur} is not.  "It resembles that."  What is "it"?  We know that {'e'}
"that" is supposed to refer to the previous sentence, but what exactly is the
subject of the second sentence?  *What* resembles that?

The mysterious "it" doesn't work here.  You might consider: {verengan DaDataH}
"You act like a Ferengi."  Or even {verengan Darur} "You resemble a Ferengi."
However, I can't help feeling these sentence are weak; perhaps it would be
more forceful would give more strength.  After all, there's the curse from
KCD: {verengan Ha'DIbaH}.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian