tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 03 06:31:56 1997

KLBC: Love

I took the liberty of adding a KLBC to this.

Darren Cubitt wrote:

> Hi all,
>         I am new to both this list and the Klingon language so I just thought I'd say
> hi.
> I have been able to pick Klingon up fairly easy so far and have begun
> constructing simple sentences, however - there is one thing that I don't
> understand.
> The word "Love" correctly appears in the Klingon dictionary as a noun.
> However, since it is a noun, one cannot attach a verb prefix such as "qa"
> (I-you) to it to produce "qabang" (I love you). So how is such a phrase
> achieved in Klingon?

{bang} is not "love" the emotion, it is a loved one, as in a person.
I'll leave the rest of your questions up to SuStel, since he's the
Beginner's Grammarian and I'm not! :-)

-mIqIraH

Back to archive top level