tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 02 23:17:04 1997

Love

Hi all,
	I am new to both this list and the Klingon language so I just thought I'd say
hi.
I have been able to pick Klingon up fairly easy so far and have begun
constructing simple sentences, however - there is one thing that I don't
understand.
The word "Love" correctly appears in the Klingon dictionary as a noun.
However, since it is a noun, one cannot attach a verb prefix such as "qa"
(I-you) to it to produce "qabang" (I love you). So how is such a phrase
achieved in Klingon?

Regards,
	Darren in Australia

	[email protected]
	"How little you mortals understand time, must you be so linear?..."

Back to archive top level