tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 02 15:17:57 1997

RE: thrusters, etc.

[email protected] on behalf of Neal Schermerhorn wrote:

> mu'tlheghvam'e' vIHechbej

Please notice that {Hech} is "intend, mean to."  You just said "I definitely
mean to this sentence."  The object of {Hech} should be the action which you
intend to do.

Examples from canon:

Hem tlhIngan Segh 'ej maHemtaH 'e' wIHech.
Klingons are a proud race, and we intend to go on being proud.

Ha'DIbaH DaSop 'e' DaHechbe'chugh yIHoHQo'.
Do not kill an animal unless you intend to eat it.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level