tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jun 02 00:06:16 1997

Re: KLBC: Sufix #9 ghach

In a message dated 97-06-01 11:09:08 EDT, SuStel writes, re Neal:

<< > Virtue and Knowledge cannot be separated, lit. Someone cannot
separate...

--- pe'---

 However, {luchevHa'lu'} does not mean "One cannot separate."  It means "One
 un-separates."  For "unseparate," I don't see how you can better translate
 this than "put back together."  >>

I am not commenting directly on the abovementioned discussion.  I am merely
bringing to mind the words {lagh} and {tay'Ha'}.  Neither appear to me
appropriate for the translation desired re: Virtue and Knowledge cannot be
separated; but, I could not help but think of them when reading the last
paragraph above.  I would especially like to find an occasion to use
{laghHa'}.

peHruS

Back to archive top level