tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 01 22:54:23 1997

RE: KLBC-First Time

Kenneth Kraft writes:
><Mike pongwIj> may be acceptable Clipped Klingon...

I'm not all that inclined to say things that "may be acceptable".  I want to
be understood; thus I will endeavor to say things that *are* acceptable.

But I've never seen any evidence that {Mike pongwIj} *would* be acceptable.
As I understand it, Clipped Klingon drops only affixes, not entire words.

>...I believe the list guidelines say that formal
>Klingon should be used here.  From a "beginning standpoint", I believe it
>should be mentioned that Clipped Klingon is an acceptable aspect of tlhIngan
>Hol.

In spoken conversation, certainly.  But in a written forum like this, and
where people of varying levels of skill are present, I think that the list
charter is quite proper:  "High Klingon" is the rule.

>In the recent issue of qIb HeHDaq, Glen Proechel wrote the following refering
>to the use of  naming...

wejpuH.  The last time we got a batch of stuff from Glen Proechel posted
here, comments about its correctness were viewed by some as attacks on a
person who couldn't defend himself.  I'll be safe and try to ignore them.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level