tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 01 20:50:32 1997

Re: batleth

On Sat, 31 May 1997 [email protected] wrote:

> I believe I have traced the origin of the word "batleth". In DIvI'Hol, it is
> pronounced batleth. In tlhIngan Hol it is pronounced betleH. I believe this
> was shortened fron the words "batlh 'etlh" meaning "sword of honor." If this
> sounds stupid or obvious to you, I'm sorry. I'm only a beginner.

No, it doesn't sound stupid to me at all, actually, that is the correct
origin of the word, well done. Though I would like to point out that the
correct romanized spelling according to TKW (And I forget the actual page
reference for it) is "bat'tleh", but otherwise, majQa' (well done)

Q'ISto'va
Eliseo Christopher d'Annunzio, Esquire
E-Mail: [email protected]
Hovjaj: 97417.26