tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 01 15:13:52 1997

Re: Klingon for the Galactic Traveller

ja' Qov:
>Is anyone else's anticipation of this book tinged with mild dread?

pe'vIl paqvam vIloS 'ach 'oH vIHajbe'bej.  Holmaj 'oghwI' vIvuv 'ej vIvoq.
Hoch De' muchbogh vIlajrupchu'.

'ach HIyajHa'be':  chIch nuquvHa'chugh "Okrand", HolDaj vIwoDqang.

I admit to a certain level of curious anticipation, but "dread"?  No.
I still respect and trust Marc Okrand.  I am completely prepared to
accept whatever we can learn from him.  Note however that I reserve
the right to eat my words if he does something dishonorable with the
language.

>I'm not sure what I'm apprehensive of.  A flood of new people on the
>listeserver will drive some (probably including me) away with the
>volume, but it will subside and leave us with a few more speakers.

qaSchugh, bImejqa'chugh, ghom cha'DIch wIchernISlaw'.

>There are bound to be interesting idioms that will
>set us all arguing over whether what we used before was wrong,
>the new one is an alternative or Marc made a mistake.  Maybe I'm just
>lazy and I don't want to learn all the new stuff. :)

toH, narghDI' mu'mey chu', taH jInmolHeylIj.

>vIje' vIneHba', 'ach loQ vIHaj.

vIje'bejqu'.  vIHajbe'.  jIQuchtaHvIS jIloS.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level