tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 01 10:14:45 1997

Re: thrusters, etc.

Scott Inman wrote:

> Why does everyone keep assuming I know tlhIgan-Hol fluently?!? I DO NOT!!!!!
> PLEASE when you respond to one of my letters, I BEG you to respond in Federation
> Basic!

Nobody is allowed to respond in "Federation Basic" English because this
is the mailing list for the KLINGON LANGUAGE, not "Star Trek discussion
in English."  How can you learn {tlhIngan Hol} if you're spoon fed
English?  Unless you misunderstood the list's description, you aren't
here to talk about Star Trek, you're here to learn {tlhIngan Hol}, and
you don't learn {Hol} by discussing course settings in English!

And also, it is specifically against the RULES of this list to do what
you and I are doing right now: communnicate in English about a subject
other than the Klingon language.  We are not allowed to discuss Star
Trek here unless it is in Klingon!  Actually, the only thing you are
allowed to speak about in English is {tlhIngan Hol} itself!  So,
charghwI' was completely justified in using {tlhIngan Hol} in his
response, seeing as you were violating the rules by using English to
begin with!  You cannot get frustrated because other people want to use
this list for what it was designed for, can you?

Now, seeing as I'm a semi-beginner myself, I'd better throw some {Hol}
in here, too!  DungDaq vIbIv, qar'a'?  "Dung" vIlo'chu''a'?  jIQubbe'...

-mIqIraH

Back to archive top level