tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 01 11:53:57 1997

Re: KLBC: Sufix #9 ghach

ghItlh SuStel DaH 'e' vIlegh

>ghob Sov je chevbe'.
>
>I used {-be'} and not {-Ha'} because all I want to say is that this is not
>done, not that it is undone.  To be undone, it must first be done.  To
>unseparate, they must first be separate.

'ej tugh ghItlh

>ghob Sov je' chevbe'lu'

'ach mu'tlheghvam vIghItlh

>ghob Sov je chevHa'lu'

I used -Ha' because the intention here is to say that they walk together, that

they are inseperable. Yet it is clear that I was incorrect - chevHa'lu' does
indeed translate as "Someone 'un-separates' them," or "Something combines
them."

SuStel, qatlho'. qarqu' SoH. nujuSDI' nem chaq nIbchaH laHwIj

Back to archive top level