tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 28 19:51:13 1997

Re: KLBC: jIlIH'eghqa'

ghItlh Matthew M. Whiteacre SuStel je:

>> >This might work as direct address. "I might remember you, you few
>> >humanoids."
>> > Is that what you intended?
>>
>> I mised the prefix. It should say "chaq tuqaw yoq puS" - perhaps a few
>> of you all remember me.
>
>The prefix doesn't match the subject. The only way this would work is, again,

>if it were direct address.
>
>yoq puS, chaq tuqaw.
>chaq tuqaw, yoq puS.
>
>The subject of {qaw} is {tlhIH}.

puS really means 'few', not 'a few', doesn't it? SuStel's last sentence above
reads 'Perhaps you remember me, few humanoids'.

Another option:

chaq tuqaw 'op tlhIH

Perhaps some of you remember me.

This depends on whether we're clear on 'op (n?) and if I used it right. And on
whether a pronoun can take a verb adjectivally.

Qermaq

Back to archive top level