tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 27 15:35:09 1997

Re: KLBC: cheghta' muHwI' !

Message text written by INTERNET:[email protected]
>While I was reading my TKD I tried to analyze {Qu'vatlh} and tried to
find something like a "translation". {Qu'} means quest or mission.
{vatlh} means a hundred. So the origin of the word, centuries ago,
could have been something about "hundred missions". I would be
really angry about so much work.
In the curse {ghuy'cha'} one can find {cha'}. In many of the languages
that I speak, I have discovered curses which include a word meaning
"twice" or "double".<

I don't think they are.  You can find any meaning  you want in those.  When I
first came here (the mailing list) I did something exactly like that for
"taHqeq."  I don't believe it now, though.  You can do that for the double
meaning of "vaj".  Fighting, revenge are the most natural things in the world
for Klingons, warriors do what obviously should happen, that's why a word for
"warrior" is the same as "therefore."  But in "Klingon for the Galactic
Traveler," Okrand is going to define things like the difference between "vaj"
and "SuvwI'" so that argument is obviously gibberish.  So is my thing on taHqeq.
So, probably, is yours.  They don't mean anything really.
Oh, SuStel... jIHmo' yIQeHQo'neS... pab vI*discuss*be'.
qoror

Back to archive top level