tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jul 24 08:10:03 1997

RE: vegh and the nentay'

At 06:32 AM 7/24/97 -0700, Soqra'tIS wrote:
>ja' Matt:
>>I realize that this will probably not be acceptable, since I think we
>>have established the vegh deals with physical action, but what about:
>>
>>SuvwI' mojmeH nentay' vegh ghaH
>>
>>In order to become a warrior, he went through the nentay.

>First off, welcome back Matt.
>
>Second, NO. {vegh} doesn't work for this at all!

And third, it's nentay, not nentay'.  tay' is be together, tay is be
civilized, and is the syallble that appears in all the rites.  Apparently
while our definition of maturity is cities (_civ_ilization) theirs is ritual
(nentay, Heghtay, muvtay).

 - Qov

Back to archive top level