tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 22 09:31:48 1997

Re: vegh

According to Steven Boozer:

> As I now understand it, {vegh} refers to going through tunnels (even
> EXTREMELY compressed tunnels like doorways or windows) or other openings.
> So, it seems that although we can't use it for walking through a forest,
> crossing a desert, passing through town or flying through open space, we can
> use it when going through a wormhole, falling through the event horizon of a
> black hole or passing through those ubiquitous subspace and temporal anomalies.
>
> Or have I still missed something?

According to my understanding of this verb, you are dead on
target. This is exactly how I intend to use this verb. There
has to be a boundary around the path and you have to pass from
open to restricted to open in order to {vegh}. At one point,
Okrand did use the word "successfully" in his description.

> Voragh

charghwI'

Back to archive top level