tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jul 23 09:45:55 1997

Re: vegh

On 22 Jul 97 at 9:44, William H. Martin wrote:

> According to my understanding of this verb, you are dead on
> target. This is exactly how I intend to use this verb. There
> has to be a boundary around the path and you have to pass from
> open to restricted to open in order to {vegh}. At one point,
> Okrand did use the word "successfully" in his description.

In that case we could also use this verb to describe to someone what
a person is doing during his nentay (if the row of Klingons carrying
'oy'naQmey as a single "entity" that is part of the nentay has a
single word tlhIngan Hol name, and we would know it) with a
very simple and compact "[the row of klingons] vegh", am I right?
This row of klingons could be seen as a path with an entrance, an
exit and a very definate boundary (the klingons with the 'oy'naQmey).
Interesting verb...

Qapla'
peSHIr

P.S. Of course now Klingon would need to ask such a question, so the
answer "[row of klingons] vegh" would probably only be used to stupid
terran tourists. ;-)

Jarno Peschier, computer science student, Utrecht University
   mailto:[email protected]    http://jarno.home.ml.org/
    'avwI' nejDI' narghta'bogh qama' reH 'avwI' Sambej

Back to archive top level