tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 22 08:17:24 1997

Re: Other tidbits, WAS: RE: vegh

At 06:24 PM 7/21/97 -0700, you wrote:
>>> Voragh
>>> P.S. Were there any other tidbits Okrand passed along at qep'a' or was
>he there just to play?

I managed to steal enough of his time to ask him about "DungluQ."  As
"Dung" means "Area above," I had always asumed that "DungluQ" meant "High
sun."  I asked Okrand if this was in fact the case, and if so could we
infer that "luQ" meant "sun."  He flatly said "No you can't."  Apparently
it is derived from "Dung", but he did not have "high sun" in mind when
coined the word.  In fact he said he created "DungluQ" before the paramount
writers when they came up with "high sun.", and he was even a little ticked
at the writers for infering "high sun."  What's the moral of this story?
Never assume!!!!!!!

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level