tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 21 21:42:56 1997

qep'a' loSDIch

toH!  juHwIjDaq pawDI', jIQong.  QongtaHvIS juHwIjDaq 'elta' HoSDo'.
munajmoH.  najtaHvIS HoSDo'vaD jIja': Qo'noSDaq jIcheghDI', reH vavoy
wIHoHlI' maH, yabDU'majvaD mu'meyvetlh DanmoHmo' vavoy jay'!

I should write down all my observations concerning the qep'a' before I
forget them, but I'd have to say that *I* consider it a success (if only
for the experience of singing Kumbaya (sp?) in Klingon and thereby
finding a use for {taH} "be at a negative angle".)

No one who participated in the {vajna' qaD'a'} will *ever* forget what
the word {HoSDo'} means.  Not only did it pop up in {pegh mu'} but it
was central to the story writing competition ({QongtaHvIS juHwIjDaq
'elta' HoSDo'....} will be forever in my brain.)

The price of admission was repaid in three simple events: listening to
David Barron and Tom Twohy's opera (majQa'!), the recitations of the
stories from the contest, and the experience of Krankor and ~mark
performing Abbot and Costello's "Who's on first?" in Klingon.  (In
retrospect, none of them were simple!)

And I *really* have to go to bed now!
--
Qob la' (tlh.w.D. quttaj ra'wI')