tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 21 15:13:44 1997

Re: KLBC: nuch moj HoHwI'

jatlh cha'wIgh:

> The killer becomes a coward.

Your Klingon was in the subject line.

nuch moj HoHwI'.

maj.

> HoHwI'pu' moj novpu'
> The foreigners become killers.

maj.

> qej pabwI'
> The grammarians are grouchy.

"Grammarian" is a bit of a weird issue.  Way back, somebody started using
{pabpo'}, although it doesn't follow the rules of Klingon as we now know them.
 However, the term has stuck, and many still use it.  Some prefer {pab
po'wI'}, and I imagine {pabwI' po'} also works.  Or why not {pabtej}?  My
signature is in English for two reasons, one of which is that the translation
for "grammarian" is less than certain.

Otherwise, this sentence is fine.

> Soppu' parHa' vulqanganpu
> Vulcans like consumers.

"Comsumers" as in "eaters"?  Or as in "users"?  Use {SopwI'pu'} for "eaters,"
or choose another word which is more appropriate.

Notice the Type 9 verb suffix on {Sop}.  {Sop} is not a noun, it is a verb.

SopwI'pu' parHa' vulqanganpu'
Vulcans like eaters.

--
SuStel