tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 20 13:05:12 1997

Re: MUSH

ghItlh peHruS
>I have just been fortunate enough to review some of the very early writing of
>Capt. Krankor, who states with examples:  {chay' Dochvam vIlo' 'e' vISovbe'},
>eg.  He goes on to point out that these are actually two sentences, ref. TKD
>Sec 6.2.5.
>
>In conclusion, Capt. Krankor notes that the two sentences are run together,
>appearing as one.

I seem to remember (from TGD, not HolQeD) that in his very first column, he used
the example "chay' veQDuj'a' vIghajlaH DaH 'e' boyajchoH", "Now you're starting
to understand how I can own a great warship."  That wasn't even the topic; he
was just talking about where the DaH should be.

But, though it seems sensible to me, it should probably be avoided when
possible.  For instance, that could be phrased as "DaH veQDuj'a' vIghajmeH
mIwwIj boyajchoH.
Qapla'
qoror

Back to archive top level