tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 18 07:56:16 1997

Grammar

Pardon me for mentioning this but I've been receiving this list for over
a month now : what I've noticed is that there's a market for a book
entitled "English Grammar for Learners of Klingon". Many of the mistakes
that are made are related to not understanding English grammar. OK if
English isn't your first language that could be an excuse.
Added to that the spelling of English words is poor. I know there are
differences of spelling between the various versions of English but even
taking that into account it still aint too good : that makes it harder
for people with English as a second language - they can't find the word
in the dictionary because you've spelt it wrong. It's no problem for me
I have a comprehensive understanding of all versions of English.
cha'wIgh

Back to archive top level