tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 18 03:53:32 1997

Stardate

HovjajvaD wIja'chuqta'.
mughlu'meH -Hov- -jaj- je lo'lu'taH 'e' ramqu'.
*Hovjaj* lo'lu'taH 'e' pIm.
tera' DIS wavlu'ta' *into* netlh *units*.

After all that discussion about stardate I believe that it is not important
to include the words Star and Date into the translation. Using the _stardate_
is just a different way of telling time by dividing the year in ten thousand
units. Since stardate was "invented" by the UFP, in Klingon it could be
something like *'ejyo' poH* or *DIvI' poH*, meaning "the federation's time".

(maybe we should leave this to SuStel, when he comes back)

P.S. You've got enough time to think about it since I will be gone until July
27th.
naDev jIHtaHbe'mo' poH boghajbej 'ej bobuSlaHchu'. wa'maHleS jIchegh.

Qapla'
muHwI'
Stardate 97543.8 (U.T.)

Back to archive top level