tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 18 05:43:48 1997

Re: Stardate

> Klingons have adapted many things during their evolution, like the
> counting-to-ten-system and the 24-hour-day.

The number system I like (tho I'd like to know more about the original
one), the 24h system is a silliness I don't like. A point which may, or
may not mean something, have you ever seen a (non-starfleet) Klingon
recite a stardate on screen? I haven't, and have kept an eye on it.

HovpoH lulo'law' DIvI' qun qonwI'pu' neH.

> By the way, why are there Klingon words for Telephone or faxing machine...

If I understood Okrand's brief article on telephone and fax correctly,
those are just translations that fit the meanings of a fax and phone
rather well.

ghogh HablI' 'oH je QumwI'wIj'e'. *phone* 'oHbe'bej.

> StarDate 97542.1

-325453.7 'oH HovpoH'e' vISImbogh.

Back to archive top level