tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 15 10:57:38 1997

"grammatical oddities"

It is not unheard of for well known sayings to be (often intentionally)
gramatically dodgy - one in particular springs to mind:

"To boldly go where no man has gone before."

-------

At first glance, I assumed it was <tlhIngan maH>  But that would be <we are
Klingon>, saying you, together, are the race of thlingan.  But <thlnganpu'
maH> would be <we are Klingons>, saying that the each of the group are
Klingon.  Very little difference, but I think <thlInganpu' maH> would be
more acceptable.  Opinions?

Back to archive top level