tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 15 10:49:26 1997

Re: -nuq

I corrected William Cody, forgetting (as he did) the -'a' on the verb, and
misplacing it on the noun.

>ghoSlI' lupwI'wIj'a'

The verb clearly should be ghoSlI''a' for a yes-or-no question. But most
corrections change the noun, too.

>ghoSlI''a' lupwI'wIj

Now, the new words list gives *lupwI'* as 'bus', but the original, and only of
which I am aware, canonic use of lupwI' (on Conv. Klingon) uses the
translation 'jitney'. A jitney is not quite the same as a bus. It is a smaller
bus, usually a tour bus as I know the word, although Webster's doesn't give
that specific a definition. But it is definitely a small bus.

So, perhaps, once the suffix orded is fixed, *ghoSlI''a' lupwI''a'wIj* uses
the most correct way of describing a city bus, which is larger than a jitney.

Qermaq

Back to archive top level