tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 12 12:27:01 1997

Re: QaQ yInwIj

[email protected] on behalf of William H. Martin wrote:
> wa'leS ram *contra dance*Daq jIjeS.

reH *contra dance*Daq bIjeS.  *contra dance* nuq?

> loSleS *movie* <<Sut qIjDaq loDmey>> wIlegh jIH latlh jupwI' je.

I presume you were going for the "scattered all about" feel?

That's one of Krankor's Type 5 nouns modifying another noun.  I don't like it.
 I don't buy it.  {Sut qIj tuQtaHbogh loDpu'}  (which kinda ruins the cute
phrasing of it, but not everything is going to work out like that.  You could
use instead {Sut qIj loDpu'} "Men of Black Clothes.")

Hmmm . . . maybe extremely formal wear like what the Men in Black wear would
be {Sut'a'} . . .

> 'IQtaH jupvam 'ej loQ vIQuchmoH vIneH.

lugh DuplIj.  tlhaQqu' lutvam.

--