tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 11 21:53:43 1997

Re: We are klingons

ghItlh Ty Cobb:
(Ty Cobb writes:)

>SPEAK ENGLISH

No. This is a Klingon Language Mailing List. The list's FAQ clearly states...

-------------------

The rules are stated in the welcoming letter, but here's a quick summary.
Posts to the list can be of two flavors:

1.Written in English, discussing the Klingon language (grammar, vocabulary,
etc.). 2.Written in Klingon, about anything.

.... Posts that don't conform to these rules are not appropriate to send to
the list. In the worst cases, inapprorpiate posts will result in your
immediate removal from the list..... If you continue to send inappropriate
messages to the list (info about Klingon cons, uniforms, fan groups, etc.,
that don't really have anything to do with the Klingon language), you may be
unsubscribed. Just use some common sense, and some demonstrated courtesy.

-------------------

Ty, if you can accept these terms and post language-oriented postings, then I
welcome you. If you cannot deal with this, then leave. True, Klingons are
imaginary. But the concept of having enough honor to concede to the rules of
the forum is most certainly not. We are not under the impression that we can
talk to aliens. We are discussing a constructed language for educational
purposes. This is the sole purpose of this forum.

Qu' buSHa'chugh SuvwI', batlhHa' vangchugh, qoj matlhHa'chugh, pagh ghaH
SuvwI''e'.

Qermaq

Back to archive top level