tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 11 13:32:21 1997

Re: Qov's challenge

jIyay'. tumer'eghbej. jang nuv law'. QaQqu'mo' mu'tlheghmeyraj
taghwI' neH tlhIH DaH 'e' vIqelbe'.  lutHommeyna'chaj qonlaHbej
jangbogh Hoch. laHna'raj boSovbe'law'pu'.  SuQochbe'
qar'a', po'wI'pu? val taghwI'pu'ma'! taghwI'pu' chu' ghIjbe'
ghItlhmeyraj 'e' vItul neH. romuluSngan Duj qelbogh
mu'tlheghmeyDaj'e' vInuD neHchugh vay', HochvaD muchbe'taHvIS,
[email protected] -Daq tIlI'. vIlaDbej.

Wow.  You really surprised me. Lots of people responded. Your
sentences were so good I don't consider you mere beginners now.
Most people who responded are definitely capable of writing
their own real short stories. I think you didn't know your own
abilities. Don't you agree, experts? Our beginners are sharp! I only
hope your manuscripts didn't scare off new beginners. If anyone wants
me to examine (*) sentences about the Romulan ship without
presenting them to everyone, send them to [email protected]  I *will*
read them.

Edy Fonseca, 'elren HoD, Qermaq, William Cody, Rolando Coto, peHruS,
Duncan Barrett, SanaDqu'!

qep'a'Daq jIlengmo' wej SaqaDqa'.  SuqaD'eghnIS.

 - Qov boQuchmoHpu'bogh

(*) There should be a possessive pronoun here to match the Klingon,
but I gave up after changing it successively from 'his' to 'her' to
'his/her' to 'their' to 'ghaH's'.  I wish the English language had an
academy that could do the official equivalent of throwing its hands
in the air and declaring 'they/their/them' our new third person
singular pronouns for unspecified gender.

Back to archive top level