tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 11 12:04:09 1997

Re: The Way of the Warrior, Part I

[email protected] asks:
>I was wondering if anyone translated what Jadizia said to Worf about halfway
>through this episode.  (A little way after he trows the dart through the
>dartboard :)

Worf has just told Jadzia that the name Dax is an honored one among Klingons.
She replies in Klingon, and Worf looks uncomfortable and says "I suppose so."
The closed captions are something like "LOUK A JEE CHIM TA LAW", which match
her sounds pretty well.  Unfortunately, they don't make a lot of sense to us.
The book of the episode gives her line as "Yes, but I'm a lot better looking
than he was."  That would properly be {HIja', 'ach jIH 'IH law' ghaH 'IH puS}.

-- ghunchu'wI'

Back to archive top level