tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 12 09:05:43 1997

Re: The Way of the Warrior, Part I

On Fri, 11 Jul 1997 12:27:29 -0700 (PDT)  Alan Anderson
<[email protected]> wrote:

> [email protected] asks:
> >I was wondering if anyone translated what Jadizia said to Worf about halfway
> >through this episode.  (A little way after he trows the dart through the
> >dartboard :)
>
> Worf has just told Jadzia that the name Dax is an honored one among Klingons.
> She replies in Klingon, and Worf looks uncomfortable and says "I suppose so."
> The closed captions are something like "LOUK A JEE CHIM TA LAW", which match
> her sounds pretty well.

luq, 'a jIchImta'law'.

The suffix order is wrong, the first word is misused and the
meaning is a bit strange: "Okay, but I have apparently
accomplished being deserted." Maybe somebody actually picked up
TKD for this one.

> Unfortunately, they don't make a lot of sense to us.
> The book of the episode gives her line as "Yes, but I'm a lot better looking
> than he was."  That would properly be {HIja', 'ach jIH 'IH law' ghaH 'IH puS}.

And it would not make a lot of sense here, since the name Dax
alone refers to the simbiant, not the face.

> -- ghunchu'wI'

charghwI'

Back to archive top level