tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 29 14:35:53 1997

Stomp Box

I think that my previous message on this subject may have gone to the
bit bucket. So, I am posting it again. If my previous message did get
to the list, then ignore this message.

Here is my attempt at a translation of the song "Stomp Box" (with
the original text and some corrections based on feedback from SuStel).
Please critique.

"Stomp Box"
by They Might Be Giants

*Stomp Box* qechwIj yIjatlh       | Stomp Box speak my thought
ramvo' ghoghmeyvetlh yIyIb        | Vent these voices from the dark
jach jach jach jach               | Shout Shout Shout Shout
'oH yIjach                        | Scream it out
ghItlhlIj yIQaw'                  | Blast your missive
mu'mey ghajbe'bogh Qumghach yIja' | Tell the wordless message
*Stomp Box* mach                  | Little Stomp Box
tIqwIjvo' 'oH yIluH               | tear it from my heart
*Stomp Box* ghum ghogh            | Stomp Box, voice of fear
qoghwIjDaq tar yIchagh            | pour the poison in my ear
HoH HoH HoH HoH                   | Kill Kill Kill Kill
DaH HIHoH                         | Kill me now
veqlargh yItlhabmoH               | Free the demon
jachtaHghach mevbogh yIQoy        | Hear the ceaseless screaming
*Stomp Box* mach                  | Little Stomp Box
tIqwIjvo' yIluH                   | tear it from my heart

Qapla'

-- torroS

Back to archive top level